Democracy Has Prevailed.

October 28, 2004

Vandals Rip Down My Display

Vandals ripped down my Halloween display the same day this article appeared about it:

http://web.ppc.edu/~stnews/halloweendecorations.html

I was in my living room at 10:00 PM and heard a big ripping noise (they were wired to the house).

I yelled "Hey!" and ran to the door.

I could hear a car peeling away but only caught a glimpse of the car at the corner before it was gone. Bush&Co were lying half in the gutter and half in the street (I believe that they were trying to haul them off with them).

I have had pretty elaborate (though nonpolitical) displays for years now and they've never been touched...

I've posted the "before" pictures before on this blog so I may as well post the "after" pictures:


Where they were.

One of the ripped wires

Where they are now.


I'm not certain if I'll put them back up (it wasn't that easy the first time). Any suggestions?






2 comments:

benzado said...

If you don't put them back up, the terrorists have won.

Maria said...

LOL! I have since made some plans but I will not reveal them here. Stay tuned!