Democracy Has Prevailed.

March 22, 2005

City Council Candidate's Website Unveiled

Tonya Payne is running for City Council District 6. She was endorsed by the Allegheny County Democratic Committee.

As I don't live in District 6, you may well ask why I care about this race. Well, for one, I've known Tonya for over a year now via Democracy for America and have found her to be hardworking, honorable and very politically astute. Tonya was a Dean delegate and is a Ward Chair. She has a great record in community development.

I'm extremely confident that she'll make a great member of City Council.

And, oh yeah, I also helped design her new website. Check it out here:

www.tonyapayneforcouncil.com


Tonya is having a campaign announcement (with continental breakfast) this morning. Join Tonya for her announcement at 10:30 AM, Tues. March 22 (today) at 1901 Centre Ave (the old PA victory '04 headquarters on the Hill). This is a quick one -- about a half hour -- so do drop by!

* * * * *

For the record -- and in the interest of complete disclosure as I'm sure that I'll write about them from time to time -- I've volunteered in some capacity for the following candidates:

Tonya Payne

Bill Peduto

Jon Pushinsky

And, if I can find some free time, I'll volunteer for: Kathryn Hens-Greco

We've got some really topnotch folks running this year, so please check out their websites. The primary is not that far away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice catch on that website, I hadn't heard anything about it previously. The upcoming legal headaches for Udin and Brentley are sure to give her a good advantage as well.