Democracy Has Prevailed.

November 20, 2007

Alice's Restaurant - A Thanksgiving Tradition


I'm originally from New England, born in the same city as our Great And Glorious Leader, George W. Bush - New Haven Ct.

And when I was a boy, every year about this time it was a tradition for the New York radio stations to play one particular 18 minute piece of music.
Lyrics are here.
You can buy a copy here.
You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track
You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

me, i have the album! ; )

Anonymous said...

Wow i remember back in 1970 or so I was 18 yrs old and I thought that this was cool...... now it's stupid. Damn hippies get off my lawn!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to remember...

What this sort of loosely based on Cafe Lena up in Saratoga? Or am I imagining that?

Pilt

Maria said...

The NYC Thanksgiving media tradition that I remember most is the Thanksgiving TV broadcast of "King Kong" each year.

No idea what a giant ape and Thanksgiving have to do with each other.