Democracy Has Prevailed.

November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Blogging from an undisclosed location somewhere on the East Coast...

I've seen a couple of these things around the local blogs and so I thought I'd try my hand.

Six Things I am thankful for:

1 - Family and fiancee. No need to elaborate here, is there?

2 - Friends. I can't tell you how good it feels to get an unexpected e-mail that says just the right thing at just the right time (especially in the last month or so). In return it's pushing me to work harder to be a better friend to those around me. A HUGE thank you to you all.

3 - Jack Kelly's weekly screed. It's a tradition here at 2PJ. Sunday morning, sleep in until 8am or so and then tackle the P-G's conservative bloward. I have to admit, some weeks are easier than others to deconstruct the well-armed J-Kel. Sources my blog posts have absolutely no effect on the man himself. Which is good, in a way, as it guarantees me a new stream of raw sewage material every seven days.

4 - Whole Foods. I'm only a few minutes away from good cheap sushi.

5 - Our Trolls old and new. I don't see Braden posting much anymore and Heir to the Throne is almost as silent, but John K is a continuing source of unintentional humor. The rhetorical methodology of each is different but it all seems to have the same goal - say anything to distract from dubya's many many failures. With Braden, it was to scream "Hypocrisy!" anytime someone disagreed with him (for liberals are supposed to embrace diversity, doncha know) and then change the subject to Bill Clinton's penis or Sandy Berger's socks. For John K, the methology is much cruder. He just changes the subject. Needless to say, it's all very funny.

6 - The Bush Administration. Don't get me wrong. I'd much rather have an administration that obeys the law, doesn't claim the authority to spy on its own citizens, doesn't start completely unecessary wars under obviously false pretenses, doesn't seek to shred the Constitution at every decision it makes, and doesn't out, of sheer incompentence, let an entire city drown. For that matter, I'd also much rather have a Congress that took its Constitutionally mandated oversight responsibilities much more seriously. But hey, it all gives me something to write about every single frickin day.

I'm also thankful for Maria, the OPJ - if she didn't start this blog, I'd still be writing about Fred Honsberger.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John K. says: I am thankful liberals are not running this country and are confined to blogs few people read. Did Hillary Clinton say to Berger, "Is that a bunch of documents in your pants or are just glad to see me?"

Anonymous said...

This is one of your best, Chickenhawk. Happy Thanksgiving!

(I really enjoy talking to myself like this!)

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i think someone's off their meds

and it's not ss and i know it's not me. i already took mine! ; )

Anonymous said...

Why call John K. a chickenhawk?

Has it been established that John K. is of eligible age for combat, yet declines to serve, preferring to allow others continue to die and bleed and kill in what he asserts to be an essential struggle to save our way of life but is instead merely a futile effort to vindicate his discredited ideology?

Or is that just a good guess?