Democracy Has Prevailed.

November 27, 2007

Nifty select-a-candidate poll

I've take more than a few of these online select-a-candidate surveys over the years, but I must say that the one by Minnesota Public Radio and published online by the Post-Gazette last Friday is surely one of the more sophisticated around.

Usually when you take these polls you can change a couple of answers and still get the exact same result, but not with this one. I took it twice because I accidentally navigated away from the page before I could copy my results. The second time around I did change a couple of answers slightly and Edwards dropped from my first tier picks to my second (questions are weighted depending on their importance to you and also actual candidate answers are often used vs. more generic summaries of their opinions).

They also allow you to put their widget on your blog. Here's the poll:


If you're curious, here's my results:
24.0: Chris Dodd, Dennis Kucinich, Bill Richardson
22.0: Hillary Clinton, John Edwards
21.0: Joe Biden, Barack Obama
16.0: Mike Gravel
10.0: Rudy Giuliani, Ron Paul
5.0: Mike Huckabee
4.0: Mitt Romney
3.0: Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, Fred Thompson
1.0: John McCain

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw man, Kucinich was number one on my list. Maybe I am a nut job too. My choice in the primaries (Bill Richardson) was only 2 issues behind the Congressman though.

Maria said...

I was for Richardson for a while but he seems to have foot-in-mouth disease.

I'm just not that excited by any of them at this point.

Anonymous said...

The Republicans are scared of a candidate from the inner-mountain west. And they're also scared of a Latino candidate. So they really fear Richardson.

He's said a couple weird things. But everybody does in the course of the campaign. It's unrealistic to expect a human being, even one that wants to we President, to be perfect. Lord knows, Bush has permanent foot in mouth disease and he got elected twice. I don't think Richardson has said anything really bad at this point. And I'm starting to think that he's going to win the nomination. Hillary is flaming out and neither Obama or Edwards can take advantage of it--just like Lieberman couldn't take advantage of Dean's stumbles and Kerry showed up a little bit late to the party. Late to the party is a good place to be, in the Democratic nomination process at least.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i like richardson. right now i'm not committed to anyone.

Bram Reichbaum said...

Whattaya know. Hillary Clinton. But even at #1, she only scored a 15.0, and I notice the scores for your preferred candidates range up into the 20's. Perhaps that means I would advocate for a violent overthrow of the government.

Anonymous said...

I had Richardson as my highest.