Democracy Has Prevailed.

December 16, 2009

Fred Honsberger

It is with great sadness that I write these words: My friend Fred has passed away.

As with Maria, Fred and I had some serious political differences. In fact, I think I agreed with about 2% of most anything he said on any given day (and this would include weather and traffic). In spite of all that, one-on-one I found him to be quite a warm and approachable guy. He had me on his radio show a few times and on Sunday mornings, as I happily skewer the P-G's Jack Kelly, I just as happily drink my Sunday morning coffee from a bright and shiny Honzman Mug.

He even announced my engagement on KDKA's 50,000 watt airwaves - how cool was that?

Maria is exactly right when she wrote:
It might not even be a stretch to say that there may have never been a 2pj without Fred Honsberger as I had developed a fondness for blogging at the old blog but wanted to stretch beyond the limitations about writing on Honsberger's chosen topics of the day.
I can say that the day-to-day rhetorical jousting I did with Fred paved the way for the blogging I do here.

My heartfelt condolences to his wife and his family and those folks who knew him better than I did.

No comments: