Democracy Has Prevailed.

January 30, 2011

More On GOP Anti-Intellectualism

From Bill Maher this weekend:


That's a member of the US House of Representatives (and thus a lawmaker) denying one of the foundations of mondern science. Really.

From Talkingpointsmemo:

"I believe I came from God, not from a monkey so the answer is no," he said, laughing, when asked if he subscribes to the theory. Later in the segment he added, "I don't believe that a creature crawled out of the sea and became a human being one day."
As I wrote a month or so ago if we are a superpower in decline this is the reason. Simple and arrogant American scientific ignorance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone please explain to me how microbes "adapt" to something that is toxic to it. Do they hold their breath's when the antibiotic comes along?

The guy had a pretty nervous laugh as if he was hiding something. I wonder if he secretly thinks about evolution and can't admit it in his district.