Democracy Has Prevailed.

March 21, 2017

My SIXTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

On March 4, and repeatedly afterwards, Donald Trump tweeted that President Obama, when was still in office wiretapped Trump Tower and the Trump campaign.

Yesterday, the Washington Post reported that in testimony before Congress, FBI Director James Comey said:
“I have no information that supports those tweets,’’ Comey said. “We have looked carefully inside the FBI,’’ and agents found nothing to support those claims.

He added that the Justice Department had asked him to tell the committee that the agency has no such information, either.
Ok, so here's the thing. If there's no evidence that supports those tweets, then there has never been any evidence to support those tweets. And yet, Trump repeated the allegation as recently as this week in his press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

This, after numerous other refutations of his charge by former NSA/CIA director Michael Hayden, former DNI James Clapper and others.

The facts are clear and yet Donald Trump continues to push this untruth. So here's my question: How much does this erode your confidence in his ability as a leader?
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up: 

4 comments:

anonymous said...

I think this blog started out as commentary on local politics. Since the whole blogosphere and all the print media are now supersaturated with hair-tearing anti-Trump&Republican outrage, most of it repetitious, wouldn't it be a public service to go back to your original focus? Surely there are interesting things going on in the City.

Dayvoe said...

If you feel strongly enough about it, there's nothing stopping YOU (or anyone else for that matter) from creating the blog you'd want to see.

I look forward to reading it.

redpenmama said...

I can't believe you've gotten no response. I've also been writing and calling our cowardly Senator, and I've gotten a slew of email responses from his office -- some of them relevant to my concerns. I'll forward them to you if you like.

Good luck, and keep up the good work. I think local bloggers addressing our senators is very much in line with the goal of any blog, whether a political one or a parenting one.

Dayvoe said...

Feel free to email them over - my email link is at the top of the the blog's front page.

Are you a part of the local "Tuesdays with Toomey" folks?