Democracy Has Prevailed.

September 5, 2017

My TWENTY-SIXTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I'd like to revisit this (unanswered) letter, if I may.

As you probably know the Department of Justice in papers filed in Federal Court last week reiterated that, "Both FBI and NSD confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described by the March 4, 2017 tweets."

Those would be the tweets where Donald J Trump claimed the Obama Administration had Trump's "wires tapped" before the November 2016 election. He then questioned the legality of that act. I'm no lawyer but I am guessing it's very illegal - probably a felony - to wire tap someone without a court order of some sort.

So basically a sitting president is accusing a former president of committing a very serious crime. However as the DOJ has confirmed in court On September 1, there is no evidence that this occurred.

Here is my question: Either Trump was lying in that he knew that what he was tweeting wasn't true but tweeted it anyway or he was negligent in that he fail to pick up the phone to confirm the story with the DOJ before tweeting. He's the leader of your party. You voted for him for in November. You're legislating his agenda in the Senate. How can you continue to support Donald J Trump?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: