Democracy Has Prevailed.

October 10, 2017

My THIRTY-FIRST Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Recently in the New York Times your colleague, Senator Corker of Tennessee, had some rather harsh characterizations of the man you voted for. Corker said:
  • I don't know why the President tweets out things that are not true. You know he does it, everyone knows he does it, but he does.
  • Trump may be setting the US on the path to World War III.
  • He concerns me. He would have to concern anyone who cares about our nation.
The Times also reported that "Mr. Corker said that his concerns about Mr. Trump were shared by nearly every Senate Republican."

So here's my question, Senator. Are you one of those Senate Republicans? If you are, when will you be speaking out and if you're not then why not?

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC), said of Corker, "It's easy to be bold when you're not coming back."

Is that true? Is it simply a matter of political courage to speak out against Trump?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: