Democracy Has Prevailed.

November 14, 2017

My THIRTY-SIXTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey (UPDATE)

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

First, I want to commend you for taking a stand against Alabama Senatorial candidate Roy Moore. Especially since you did it before the most recent allegations of sexual assault against him hit the news on 11/13/2017.

Yesterday on the blog (before those latest allegations against Moore were made public) I asked you if the allegations were serious enough for you to demand that Roy Moore "step aside" then what of the very similar allegations leveled against the man you voted for for president, Donald Trump? Should he step aside? Should he have stepped aside last year?

Feel free to answer that question whenever you'd like.That's a freebie.

Today, however, I'd like to ask a different question: What if Roy Moore wins? If he does, then every statement he makes, every bit of legislation he proposes, every vote that's in agreement with the rest of GOP will be pinned to the rest of you. He'll be your guy and you'll have to answer for every last bit of what he does.

What are your plans when or if that happens?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

The Senator answered this question (kinda, sorta) here.

Follow-up:

2 comments:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

Free and Rehire Hero Cop Sgt. Stephen Matakovich
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/11/15/stephen-matakovich-sentenced-excessive-force/amp/

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

I have response to a letter about the Federal Law Enforcement Bill of Rights from Senator Pat Toomey.

He just listed the pro-police laws he sponsored and voted for.

Get around to scanning it someday.