Democracy Has Prevailed.

December 19, 2017

My FORTY-FIRST Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Senator, six months or so ago you wrote to me regarding Special Council Mueller's investigation into the Russian meddling into the 2016 election telling me that you had "every confidence that Robert Mueller will execute [his] responsibilities with integrity and professionalism."

Recently it's been reported that there's a rumor floating around DC that Donald Trump plans to fire Robert Mueller before Christmas and thus stop the investigation (though the White House has denied these rumors).

Newsweek is reporting that former Attorney General Eric Holder is calling for nationwide peaceful protests in opposition if Trump were to fire Mueller.

My question is this: Given your stated support of Robert Mueller's integrity, if that were to happen (if Trump were to fire Mueller and/or otherwise shut down his investigation) what will you do? What side will you be on?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: